Introducing Next-Level Test and Measurement Automation with Python Drivers
Want to revolutionize your automation code? Say goodbye to SCPI commands and welcome our Python drivers for a seamless, modern development experience.
Harness the power of native Python commands for controlling oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, source measure units, waveform generators, and more. Eliminate tedious manual parsing. At your fingertips you’ll find your favorite IDE, such as VS Code or PyCharm.
Programming Automation Made Simple
Using our Python drivers, enjoy:
- Simplified Automation: Embrace a user-friendly Python interface for a streamlined workflow.
- Intuitive Documentation: Explore comprehensive docstrings and extensive type hints to learn and effectively use the instrument's full capabilities.
- Enhanced Productivity: Leverage auto-completion and code suggestions to speed up development.
- Seamless Integration: Add our Python drivers to your existing automation frameworks to realize each instrument’s full potential.
Combine Python with our instruments and unlock new automation possibilities. Dive into test automation using Python and transform the way you work today.
Python for Test Automation
Move from SCPI to Python Automation
Rather than automating test with a SCPI environment consider using our tm_devices Python driver package. When used with your favorite IDE you get:
- An open source package benefiting from the contributions of developers globally, but validated and maintained by Tektronix
- The power of auto-complete and precise type hinting
The current release includes support for Tektronix MDO/MSO 2, 4, 5, and 6 Series, MSO/DPO70000DX/SX oscilloscopes, the DPOJet application and also Keithley 2400 Graphical Series SMU instruments. An expanding number of test device categories are planned for future releases.
Test and measurement engineers should choose Python for its simplicity, versatility, and rich ecosystem of libraries. With Python's intuitive syntax, they can automate tests efficiently, analyze data effectively, and benefit from an active community constantly developing new tools and solutions. Python empowers engineers to achieve higher productivity and innovation in their testing processes.
If you are a DPOJET user, use our Python drivers to elevate your experience with access to a wide range of analysis options, including timing, jitter, and noise analysis.