PPM203B PPM100 Articulated Arm Datasheet
PPM203B PPM100 Datasheet
The PPM203B and PPM100 series allows designers to guide standard handheld probes onto the small geometries of fine-pitch interconnects, SMD packages, MCMs (multi-chip-modules), hybrids and ICs.
Features and benefits
- Three axis articulated arm with HI-mass base (PPM203B)
- Multi-turn fine adjustment controls for all three axes (PPM203B)
- Fully flexible "Gooseneck" arm for different positions (locks securely in place with adjustment control knob) (PPM100)
- Fine adjustment knob on probe holder (PPM100)
- Spring compliance in probe holder keeps pressure at the probe point (PPM100)
- Heavy base for desktop applications or C-clamp for other (Rack) applications, both Included (PPM100)
- Adaptable to most Tektronix probe types
- Research, electronic design, service and manufacture of small geometry circuitry
- Fine-pitched controls to access circuitry such as MCMs, hybrids and other IC technology
- Multiple test points access allowing hands-free operation
Probing fine pitch devices
Probing today's designs, with their delicate fine pitch devices, is safer and more convenient with Tektronix PPM articulating arms. The PPM series allows designers to guide standard handheld probes onto the small geometries of fine-pitch interconnects, SMD packages, MCMs (multi-chip-modules), hybrids and ICs.
The PPM articulating arms provide high accuracy and resolution with mechanically assisted probe positioning, helping designers meet the physical demands of probing the constantly shrinking geometry of devices.
The PPM203B has a three axis arm system. It is a general-purpose benchtop probing aid designed to be used when probing PC boards, hybrids and MCMs that employ fine-pitch devices and interconnects.
The PPM100 is a low cost probing aid designed to provide quick and easy access to PC boards, hybrid circuitry and many other devices that require hands-free probing. The PPM100 has a flexible "gooseneck" arm allowing multiple adjustment positions. Once positioned the course adjust knobs lock the probe holder into position. A fine adjustment control at the arm head allows further pressure adjustment after the probe is initially positioned. The spring compliance incorporated into the probe head holder keeps pressure on the probe to circuit, maintaining a superior connection to the device under test.
The PPM100 includes both a weighted base for desktop applications and a C-clamp base for attaching to chassis or rack applications.
All specifications are guaranteed unless noted otherwise.
- Number of manipulator axes
- 3 (X, Y, Z)
- 3 (X, Y, Z)
Flexible "gooseneck" arm provides nearly unlimited degrees of freedom
- Probe mounting
- Accepts most Tektronix probes including SMD, 2.5 mm, 3.5 mm, 4 mm, 5 mm, TAP, TDP, Z-Active, and TriMode probes using metal probe adapter clamps
- Accepts most Tektronix probes using a flexible retention ring at the end of the probe holder
- Attachment method to work surface
- Manually positioned with weighted HI-mass base
- Manually positioned base with two mounting angles for additional test point access, or C-clamp for securing the adjustable arm to other fixtures, extrusions, chassis and bench tips
- Manipulator lead screw pitch
- 10 threads per inch
- Articulated arm reach
- X, Y: 14 inches
- X: 8 to 10 inches with base, 16 inches with clamp
Y: 16 inches with base, 19 inches with clamp
The PPM100 comes with one flexible arm with probe holder. You can order additional arms to affix to the post, which supports up to three arms.
- Articulated arm, 3 axis with HI-mass base.
Includes: Articulated arm; HI-mass base; 6 probe adapters to attach various probe styles.
- Flexible arm probe positioner, 3 axis with HI-mass base and C-clamp.
Includes: HI-mass base with interlocking feet; probe post; C-clamp with post; adjustable (flexible) arm with probe holder; flexible retention rings (8 each).
- PPM203B Probe Adapter
Compatibility probe list Probe adapter part number Probe type Current Legacy Standard shipped adapters 407-4365-xx SMD passive probes - P6561A, P6562A, P6563A 407-4366-xx 2.5 mm subminiature probes - P6130, P6131, P6133, P6136, P6231 407-4367-xx 3.5 mm compact probes P5050B, P6139B P5050, P6133 Option 25, P6134C, P6136 Option 25, P6137, P6138A, P6139A, P6339A, P6158 407-4368-xx SMD active probes P6243, P6245, P7240 P6209, P6241, P6249, P6330, P7225, P7330, P7260 407-4369-xx 5 mm miniature probes P6101B, P75PDPM P6103B, P6105A, P6106A, P6109B, P6204, P6205 407-4370-xx 4 mm active and Z0 probes - P6207, P6217, P6150 407-4980-xx SMD active, TAP, TDP probes P6243, P6245, P7240, TAP1500, TAP2500, TAP3500, TDP3500 P6209, P6241, P6249, P7260, P6330, P7225, P7330, P7350 407-4984-xx Active differential probes P6247, P6248, P6251, TDP0500, TDP1000, TDP1500 P6250, P6246 Other optional adapters 013-0339-01 Z-Active differential probes - P7360, P7380, P7340A, P7360A, P7380A, P7313 Precision differential probing module P75PDPM TriMode probes P7504, P7506, P7508, P7513A, P7516, P7520A P7513, P7520 407-6019-xx TriMode probes P7708, P7713, P7716, P7720 with P77BRWSR accessory -
- PPM100 Probe Adapter
Compatibility probe list Probe type Current Legacy SMD passive probes - P6561A, P6562A, P6563A 2.5 mm subminiature probes - P6130, P6131, P6133, P6136, P6231 3.5 mm compact probes P5050B, P6139B P5050, P6133 Option 25, P6134C, P6136 Option 25, P6137, P6138A, P6139A, P6339A, P6158 SMD active probes P6243, P6245, P7240 P6209, P6241, P6330, P6249, P7225, P7260, P7330 5 mm miniature probes P6101B, P75PDPM P6103B, P6105A, P6106A, P6109B, P6204, P6205 4 mm active and Z0 probes P6150, P6207, P6217 SMD active, TAP, TDP probes P6243, P6245, P7240, TAP1500, TAP2500, TAP3500, TDP3500 P6209, P6241, P6249, P6330, P7225, P7260, P7330, P7350 Active differential probes P6247, P6248, P6251, TDP0500, TDP1000, TDP1500 P6246, P6250 Z-Active differential probes (Requires adapter fixture: 013-0339-01) - P7313, P7340A, P7360, P7360A, P7380, P7380A TriMode probes (Requires precision differential probing module P75PDPM) P7504, P7506, P7508, P7513A, P7516, P7520A P7513, P7520
Replaceable parts list
- Flexible arm with probe holder
- Flexible retention rings (set of 8)